FESTSCHRIFT IN HONOUR OF PROFESSOR ENOCH OYEDELE
We are glad to inform you that a festschrift is being published in honour of Enoch Oyedele, a Professor of Urban History. This scholar and teacher, who has remained steadfast in the academia, has been instrumental to the development of the study of Urbanization in Nigeria. His doctoral thesis which specifically focused on Urbanization of Kaduna has remained a masterpiece for scholars in the field.
Prof. Oyedele distinguished himself not only in academic leadership but also in administration. Apart from being actively involved in teaching and research for more than four decades at the famous Ahmadu Bello University Zaria, he was a founding member of the Department of History, Gombe State University. During his tenure at GSU, he vigorously pursued and attracted internal and external aids for the department in particular and the school in general. He was instrumental to the planning and eventual take-off of the post-graduate programme in the Department of History at the Gombe State University. He also actively participated in the drawing and implementation of History programme at the School of Basic and Remedial Studies, A.B.U, Zaria. Professor Oyedele was also the pioneer Head and Coordinator, History, Proficiency Certificate Program for Foreigners at the Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria. This outstanding personality made invaluable contributions towards the enrichment of scholarship, especially in the areas of Urbanization and African History. He is a Council member, Historical Society of Nigeria and member, Board of Governors of the Arewa House. He has championed research at all levels, especially in urban and social history and has to his credit, numerous articles in highly reputed scholarly journals. Full of wisdom and fatherly kindness, this noble man of great virtue, unparalleled openness and loving disposition has endeared himself, not just to his students, but to his contemporaries as well.
It is in recognition of these contributions that the editors of this volume invite scholars from various disciplines to submit well-researched academic papers for inclusion in this book of honour which will be published soon. Areas of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Theoretical and Methodological Issues on History and Society
- History of Urbanization in Nigeria
- Problems of Urbanization and History Development
- Issues and Problems of Urbanization in Colonial Nigeria
- Issues of Urbanization and Development in Post Colonial Nigeria
- Development and Growth of Urban areas
- Urbanization, History and Development
- Urban – Rural Development: An Overview
- Urbanization and Development in Nigeria
- Urbanization in African Studies
- Urbanization and Food Security
- Urbanization and Social Vices
- Urban Explosion and Rural Depression
- The Politics of Urbanization and Land Grabbing
- History, Trade and Urbanization
- Emerging constraint of Urban Growth
- History, Pattern of Urban and Rural Population Growth
- Urbanization and Displaced Persons in Nigeria/Africa
- Threat posed by land grabbing by foreign firms
- Transnational companies and Urbanization in Africa
- Urbanization, Forced Migration and Refugee Issues
- Industrialization and Urbanization in Nigeria
- Population and Urban Development
Editors: Patrick I. UKASE & Emmanuel O. AKUBOR
Guidelines for Contributors:
An abstract of not more than 250 words should precede the article.
Articles should not be more than 20 pages double-spaced (Times New Roman, Font 12)
Use MLA (Chicago) referencing style.
Submission: All papers should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. firstname.lastname@example.org For more details contact: 08038257384, 07035842604,
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: ALL PAPERS MUST REACH THE EDITORS ON OR BEFORE 1ST OCTOBER, 2015.
Dr. E.O. Akubor, Department of History, Faculty of Arts, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife